Monday, April 18, 2011

Tornado in NC

Hey y'all!!
I hope everyone is doing great and I am sorry if your home or business is damaged after what has happened here in North Carolina.
There is a big story on what happened to my Family.

So on Saturday my family and I were at the bookstore working on some new shelf's and stuff when the power went out.
Lets just say I freaked out!
So we worked in the darkness and waited for Olivia to call.
She finally called and said that a friend was taking her to her house because they owned some apartments and those got hit by the tornado and her dad told her mom to COME HOME!
Oh my bad Olivia was at a Birthday Party.

So we had to leave the bookstore to pick her up.
On our way home my Dad told me " Shelby if you see a Funnel Cloud tell me. We will have to get out of the car and hide in a ditch."
He said he didn't want to scare me..... but that scared me alright.

We were about half a mile away from our house when we spotted a TRAMPOLINE IN A TREE and red and blue lights.
The neighborhood beside us was completely destroyed and there was power lines and trees down in front of the High School in front of our house.
They would not let us get to our neighborhood.
So my dad and Olivia wanted to get to the house to check on the dogs and the cat so they went through the woods!
They got there!

To be continued.

Hugs and Blessings Always,
Shelby Lynn Rogers


3 comments:

  1. Well, praise the Lord that you and your family are okay, Shelby! I freaked out when I heard about all of the tornado stuff happening in NC too, especially since my Hometown is where you guys live at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very scary Shelby! A gas station not even a mile away from our house got hit too! We were all really scared, and our power went out for like two hours! What a freaky day!

    Your Friend,
    Mylena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Power was out for over 24 hours!
    I am happy to hear that no one got hurt.
    All that I thought was a bad storm not a tornado!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you all for commenting!!!
But if you have a smart comment please don't say anything.